Information we gather:
- Contact information including first name, surname, phone number and postal / email address
- When purchasing something from us: information in relation to your purchase and contact details for shipping such as your address
- Information you give us in person at our gallery, at events and art fairs, by filling in forms on our site, such as ‘Inquire about the work’, or by corresponding with us by phone, letter or e-mail
- Information related to your attendance at gallery events and art fairs
Reasons we gather this information:
- To send you mailings with information that might be of interest
- Internal record keeping
- To perform contracts we have with you
- In each of the above cases this is either in our legitimate interest, (including marketing our services) and performing our contracts
Keeping your information safe
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We are required to keep certain types of personal information in order to fulfil our statutory obligations, such as financial records relating to purchases. We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as it is in the gallery’s legitimate interest to do so. We review all personal data and our retention periods regularly to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data however we may retain your personal data in an archived form.
Controlling your personal information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
- If we hold joint events with third parties we might need to share your data in order to send you an invitation, but we will ensure that your data is not disclosed by that third party by means of a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) we hold with them
- We may use your personal information to send you information which we think you may find interesting. If you wish to stop receiving such news, you can opt out from this at any time in the specific link provided in the newsletter
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will promptly update any information found to be incorrect
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link and leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back to see any updates or changes to our policy.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or comments relating to this policy or our website.
Usage analysis (Matomo)
In order to be able to offer our web presence in a user-friendly, effective and reliable form for the visitors to our website, we use the web analysis service Matomo on the basis of our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our web presence pursuant to Art. 6 Par. 1 Letter f [GDPR]) without the usage of cookies. The information acquired in this way about the usage of this website is saved on servers of our website provider. Before it is saved, your IP address will be anonymised so that it is not possible to draw any direct conclusions regarding your person. When you visit our site, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the pages of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymised IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, and web browser type) you used during your visit.
Apart from us and our website provider, no third party has access to these data.
Our website provider has its registered office in Germany and is thus obligated to comply with data protection law. A contract for processing has been concluded with our website provider that regulates the processing of the collected and anonymised data. Our website provider uses this information on our behalf in order to be able to carry out technical maintenance services and optimisations so that the operation of this online presence remains safe and effective and in order to provide other services for us that are associated with the usage of this online presence and the Internet usage.
You can prevent the saving of the above mentioned information by a corresponding „do not track“ setting of your browser software or the option mentioned below.